The holidays are over. Many of us our over the sweet indulgences but the sugar addiction struggles are real. You might have the best of intentions to change everything. That can become overwhelming and you might not know where to start. Here are somethings I do to stay healthy and get back on track.
1) Sleep. Yep, you have heard it before. Getting a good amount and good quality sleep can do wonders for all sorts of issues. Tired= craving more sugar. Having sleeping issues? Acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and craniosacral can help.
2) Stocking my medicine cabinet before trouble strikes. What do I take when feeling blah? You can boost your immune system with some nice mushrooms like Reishi or Cordyceps. I recommend Standard Process Immuplex, Echinacea Premium or Astragalus Complex. I also carry an herbal throat spray in my purse. Great during these below zero spells. Next I stock Congaplex and Andrographis Complex for when I haven’t caught the sniffles in time.
3) You are soaking in it. I take a detox bath once a week. 2 cups epsom salt, 1 cup baking soda, essential oils. Soak for 20 minutes. You know those large bags of epsom salts and baking soda at Costco? You ask yourself, who is buying those large quantities? Me.
4) Did I say essential oils? Yep I try to keep on hand Thieves, Purification, Peppermint, Lemongrass (great for pain) on hand. I love to diffuse Thieves in the house and office.
5) Drop the sugar. Sugar addiction is real. Trying to lose weight? Feeling sluggish? Insomnia? Want to change your habits? Try Standard Process 21 day Purification Program. I can’t speak highly enough of this program to get you on the right track.
6) Try something new. All the above might be new to you. What am I trying new this year? Beefing up my bone broth consumption. I should be drinking this daily. It’s great to have on hand when you are feeling ill. I don’t always have time to make and freeze my own. Ive heard great things about Kettle and Fire.
7) Regular self care. Besides exercising, what do you do for self care? Massage, acupuncture, yoga, meditation or a combination of each? Carve out some time for yourself.
Want to order find out more about Standard Process whole food based supplements, acupuncture or massage? Give us a call.